There are opportunities everywhere for parents to volunteer
in the class.
1. Time for Kids/Scholastic News
2. Topic knowledge or skills used in the classroom as a guest speaker or helper
3. If you have any expertise in any holiday celebrated throughout the school year (i.e., knowledge, arts and crafts)
4. Projects for those who possess some artistic ability
5. Chaperones for the field trips
**** Anyone working with children and even chaperoning field trips, need to fill out a CORI (Mandatory Criminal Record Check) form and you MUST get fingerprinted (info on notice.)
Reading/Language Arts and Math
• Reading/Language Arts and Math will be given in April and mid-May
• Test preparation throughout the year, using testing strategies that mirror the PARCC within the curriculum
•If homework is not passed in on the day due (Friday), students will lose money from their checking account as well as making up the assignment on their own time.
•If there is more than one offense in one week, students will lose whole paycheck.
•If homework becomes a problem there will be a loss of privileges
•Parents will be contacted for consistent missing homework assignments
*** Homework is your student’s responsibility. Do NOT feel the need to come to school to turn in their forgotten assignments. It is NOT your job to remember to put work in their bags. Hold your student accountable!
1. Warning (usually 3 strikes you’re out)
2. Money taken out of checking account
3. Loss of privileges
4. Parent phone call
5. Blue Slip to principal
***All consequences are dependent upon on the severity of behavior
Snacks – Healthy please
• Water Bottles
• Birthday Celebrations
• Music Lessons
• Field Trips
Museum of Science
Stoughton Math Journey
High Touch High Tech
• Buddies with Room 9, 2nd grade, Mrs. McCabe